Current City Projects
Rich Avenue Reconstruction Project
Neighborhood Information Meeting: May 15, 2018
Project Bid & Award: May 31 / June 4, 2018
2nd Neighborhood Meeting: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 @ 6:00 PM/Howard Miller Community Center, Main Floor Banquet Room, 14 S. Church Street, Zeeland, MI
Begin Construction: Scheduled to begin on July 9, 2018
Project Completion: End of October, 2018
Upcoming Work Schedule (as of 9/12/2018)
- Sanitary sewer is being installed from Wall Street to 200' east of Wall Street today (9/12/2018)
- Road grading of the sand subbase is nearly complete from Wall Street to the east project limits and contractor started placing aggregate base and will continue into early next week.
- Concrete curb and gutter is tentatively scheduled for the middle of the week of September 17th.
- Zeeland BPW Electric (Western Telecon) is running services and mainline. They should have this work complete by the middle of next week.
- HMA base course paving from Wall Street to the east project limits is tentatively scheduled for late next week or early the following week. Concrete driveways and concrete sidewalk are scheduled for after HMA base course paving in this section.
- Underground utility work west of Wall Street will start yet this week. Contractor will start with sanitary in this section then proceed to water main, followed by storm while water main testing is ongoing.
I-196 BL/M-121 Intersection Reconstruction & Realignment
For information on this MDOT project, please click here. As updates are received from MDOT they will be posted here.
August 28, 2018 Update
On Wednesday, August 29, 2018 the intersection of Main Avenue, M-121 and I-196 BL will be shut down for reconstruction for approximately 3 weeks. Traffic will be detoured via 88th Avenue/Fairview, Washington Avenue, M-121 and North 84th Avenue; posted detours will be in place. Please keep in mind there will still be no left turns allowed on I-196 BL.
July 19, 2018 Update
On Monday, July 23rd, the I-196 westbound off ramp to I-196 BL (Exit 55), will be shut down for a period of approximately 21 days for reconstruction work. Traffic will be detoured west to Adams Street exit and back to I-196 eastbound. A new signal will be active at the I-196 westbound off ramp at Adams Street at that time.
Also starting on Monday, the northbound 84th to westbound I-196 BL movement will not be allowed while temporary widening is being constructed in the median. Traffic will be directed down Homestead Drive to Main Avenue to get on westbound I-196 BL. Traffic will still be allowed to head south on 84th from I-196 BL and head east out of 84th.
July 13, 2018 Update
Work continues on the temporary signal at I-196 BL & 84th as well as the new signal at Adams St & the I-196 westbound off ramp. Signal work is planned to be completed by July 20th.
Starting Monday, July 16th work will being on the temporary crossovers and widening along I-196 BL. A lane closure will be in place for this work on westbound from the intersection of Main St. & I-196 BL west towards 88th/Fairview. Nightly lane closures on eastbound I-196 BL will be from 7:00 pm – 6:00 am.
Washington Avenue Reconstruction Project & Proposed Roundabout
Transportation Study Implementation Matrix