Current City Projects
Rich Avenue Reconstruction Project
Neighborhood Information Meeting: May 15, 2018
Project Bid & Award: May 31 / June 4, 2018
2nd Neighborhood Meeting: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 @ 6:00 PM/Howard Miller Community Center, Main Floor Banquet Room, 14 S. Church Street, Zeeland, MI
Begin Construction: Scheduled to begin on July 9, 2018
Project Completion: End of October, 2018
Upcoming Work Schedule (as of 10/10/2018)
- Removals & water services on the west end from Maple Street to Peck Street should be complete next week.
- Contractor currently installing water services & conduit from Maple Street to Wall Street.
- Zeeland BPW Electric to begin service work tomorrow from Maple Street to Wall Street, this would should take approximately 3 days to complete.
- Contractor plans to have aggregate base placed on everything by the end of next week.
- Concrete sidewalk & driveways being placed today, concrete work will continue tomorrow and into next week.
- HMA base course is tentatively scheduled for the end of next week from Park Street to the cul-de-sac.
- Curb and gutter tentatively scheduled for the week of the 22nd from Park Street to Peck Street.
I-196 BL/M-121 Intersection Reconstruction & Realignment
For information on this MDOT project, please click here. As updates are received from MDOT they will be posted here.
October 10, 2018 Update
Beginning Saturday, October 13, 2018 traffic will be shifting from I-196 BL eastbound to the newly constructed I-196 BL westbound and the Main Avenue intersection will be opened. Both east & west bounds of I-196 traffic will be maintained on I-196 BL westbound with no left turns allowed, consistent with the current stage. Homestead Drive will be closed with all traffic being directed to 84th Avenue.
August 28, 2018 Update
On Wednesday, August 29, 2018 the intersection of Main Avenue, M-121 and I-196 BL will be shut down for reconstruction for approximately 3 weeks. Traffic will be detoured via 88th Avenue/Fairview, Washington Avenue, M-121 and North 84th Avenue; posted detours will be in place. Please keep in mind there will still be no left turns allowed on I-196 BL.
July 19, 2018 Update
On Monday, July 23rd, the I-196 westbound off ramp to I-196 BL (Exit 55), will be shut down for a period of approximately 21 days for reconstruction work. Traffic will be detoured west to Adams Street exit and back to I-196 eastbound. A new signal will be active at the I-196 westbound off ramp at Adams Street at that time.
Also starting on Monday, the northbound 84th to westbound I-196 BL movement will not be allowed while temporary widening is being constructed in the median. Traffic will be directed down Homestead Drive to Main Avenue to get on westbound I-196 BL. Traffic will still be allowed to head south on 84th from I-196 BL and head east out of 84th.
July 13, 2018 Update
Work continues on the temporary signal at I-196 BL & 84th as well as the new signal at Adams St & the I-196 westbound off ramp. Signal work is planned to be completed by July 20th.
Starting Monday, July 16th work will being on the temporary crossovers and widening along I-196 BL. A lane closure will be in place for this work on westbound from the intersection of Main St. & I-196 BL west towards 88th/Fairview. Nightly lane closures on eastbound I-196 BL will be from 7:00 pm – 6:00 am.
Washington Avenue Reconstruction Project & Proposed Roundabout
Transportation Study Implementation Matrix